Gujarati Unicode Character Display

To get and display Unicode characters in browsers is dam easy as displaying any simple string. This is my opinion after solving the Gujarati Unicode character display issue.

As you have already read my post Unicode support Java.

and you know, how I solved the issue.

Many of us working on language other than English and using Unicode as Other language support. This post may help u if you are interacting with MySql as database. I will post How to create table and database, which supports and stores Unicode characters.

I have created the sample PHP Application which displays Gujaratai Unicode. First, when I fetched the records using simple query was displaying junk data as ??????????, question marks instead original data.

Then I started to resolve the issue. What I found is When we hit the query before that we need to hit other query for setting for Collation and Character set of the system.

SET NAMES 'utf8'

and, Issue will be resolved!

So just one query...hmm great!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
સરસ લેખ. લખતાં રહેજો..

Popular posts from this blog

Are parents really responsible for their children's bad habits?

Unicode support Java