Unicode support Java

Few days back, I was working on one project, Project was in MySql, Java. I had to do Java, MySql Connectivity. My database was in Gujarati. (Unicode, UTF-8)

To do MySql database connection using Java is very easy.
string url = "jdbc:mysql://ServerIPAddress:3306/DatabaseName

Where,
1. jdbc : Driver specification
2. mysql : Defining MySql database is used.
3. ServerIPAddress : This is the IP Address of the database server
4. 3306 : Port
5. DatabaseName: Name of Database

So I thought this is perfect for connectivity..
Oops... but garbage value displayed when I fetched data. So what to do?

I had spent 1 week to find out what is the problem? Where is the problem?
Finally, I found the solution, Need to pass parameter for Unicode support.

Then, I used below string as connection:

string url = "jdbc:mysql://ServerIPAddress:3306/DatabaseName?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF8";

and its done.

useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF8 : Property needs to be set for
using Unicode database.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice start!

You can use code formatting for putting code like code tag..

Popular posts from this blog

Are parents really responsible for their children's bad habits?